Friday, May 8, 2009

another dr visit

i had another dr visit in nashville today that was also very hard.  this dr agreed that the wire needed to come out soon, but what was confusing was he thinks i may need to also get the sort of fusion that will connect my neck to my skull, i would have no movement whatsoever up, down, left or right.  he also said that the wire removal is really risky and hard and he also has never seen it.  i know all of the dangers and how rare it is but it still doesnt make it any easier to hear again.   i had also been told previously that i could possibly need another fusion but i never heard that it would be such a drastic one...im so scared and sad about the whole thing.  its also so hard to hear different things from different dr's and to know who is right~ i have no clue!  it is all just too overwhelming for words~ all i could keep thinking while i was in the dr app was how much i wished my daddy was with me. somehow he could always make me feel safe, like everything would be ok.  i miss him so much it hurts. please just pray for wisdom to know what we are suppose to do and for me to not lose hope.  thanks again so much for taking time to read this. 

8 comments:

  1. Cade and I are praying hard for you guys! May God give you wisdom and peace each step of the way!!

    marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in my thoughts and prayers Ruthie. Keep up the hope and set your intentions on any positive thoughts you can surface. Let me know if you guys need anything at all.
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie -- you are most certainly in my prayers. My heart breaks for all that you have been through and the emotional and physical pain you are having to endure! I agree that the Lord promises that he will not give us more than we can handle...but sometimes that just doesnt seem to make sense. I pray that He will walk with you and carry you through this time!

    Love you dear friend -- Courtney M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruthie! I didn't know about your physical situation, though I have been praying for you in the loss of your daddy. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you feel. I don't know why we are called to share in the sufferings of Christ like this, it sure doesn't seem fair sometimes. I pray that you would hold onto the fingers of your heavenly father like you held on to your daddy's as a girl when you played your game together. May He remind you that even when you are too tired to hold on, even when you let go, He never ever will! He not only has you in his hand, but under the shadow of His his wings.
    Praying that you have peace about what kind of advice to be taking at this time!
    -Yvette (from Covenant)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and Will every day, Ruthie. I wish all these doctors would have a conference call and decide what they (together) think is best. I don't know how I would ever decide who is "right," so I will continue to pray that God will be the best Healer and the One who somehow makes this decision for you. With love, Jina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine hearing those words, Ruthie! We have been thinking of you so much. And praying. I wish we could all find a way to share your burdens among all of us who love you so that it could be lighter on your shoulders.

    Beth Eich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for clarity from the doctors sweet girl,
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruthie,
    Michael and I have been praying for you, and we wanted you to know it. Michael will be out of town for the concert, but I am going to try and come anyway! Hang in there. God is in control and He will give you the strength you need. Love, Emily & Michael Sutherland

    ReplyDelete